The BEST recipe for your perfectly ripened bananas you have no clue what to do with! An elevated take on normal banana bread. Soon to be your favorite go-to for a quick sweet treat for your family & friends!
Burnt Butter Banana Bars Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Softened Salted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Burnt Butter Frosting Ingredients
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons milk
Burnt Butter Banana Bar Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, peel and mash your ripened bananas with a fork.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together granulated sugar, sour cream and softened salted butter.
- Add in vanilla, eggs & mashed bananas. Cream until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda & salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared sheet pan & smooth top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool on wire rack.
- While still hot , frost with Burnt Butter Frosting.
Burnt Butter Frosting Instructions
- Pre-measure all ingredients for the frosting. The frosting comes together fast and you want to be fully prepared!
- In a small saucepan over medium to high heat, cook salted butter until golden brown. This could take 4-6 minutes depending on your heat level. You will see the color of the butter changing. When its golden brown, it is good to move onto the next step!
- Once butter is browned, add in powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste(or extract) and milk.
- Whisk continually over heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat once fully combined and smooth.
- Frost while Banana Bars are HOT! If you don’t the frosting will not go on smooth.
For a nice touch: sprinkle powdered sugar or sea salt on top!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert, banana bread, burnt butter banana bars, banana bars
Leave a Comment