The BEST Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup! There’s nothing better than throwing this together and enjoying a cozy, home cooked meal with your family! You’re destined to keep this recipe on rotation!!
1 pound Spicy Pork Sausage
4 cups Chicken Broth or Bone Broth
1 medium onion diced
1 pound Bacon diced (split)
6 cloves of garlic minced
3 medium Russet Potatoes diced (about 1 cup total)
2 cups kale thinly sliced
3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Manchego Cheese (or your fave cheese)
- Line your 5-7 quart slow cooker with a disposable bag.
- Cook the spicy pork sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Drain sausage grease and dump into slow cooker.
- Measure and pour chicken broth or bone broth into slow cooker.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Dice all bacon and split in half. Half will be cooked with the onion. Half will be cooked later.
- Pour onion and half of the bacon into the large skillet used to cook the spicy sausage.
- Once onions are translucent, dump mixture into crockpot.
- Mince garlic and add to your slow cooker.
- Dice potatoes and add to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. You can leave it on warm for longer until you are ready to eat.
- Once you’ve started the slow cooker, cook the second half of bacon and save for topping the soup when ready.
- Right before eating, chop the kale. Don’t use the stems – only leafs. Add to the slow cooker and mix.
- Measure and mix in heavy whipping cream.
- Grate & sprinkle your favorite cheese on top. We prefer Manchego.
- Sprinkle the reserved cooked bacon over your cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: soup, zuppa toscana, olive garden copycat, olive garden copycat zuppa toscana